Bridgeport & East Fork
Settlers started coming into East Fork-Bridgeport area in the late 1700ís and early 1800ís. Prior to 1860, the village was in Adair County. In the mid 1850ís a post office was established named East Fork. By 1860, there were several businesses in the area such as merchants, blacksmiths, wagon makers, and tanners. Two of the best remembered doctors in the area were Dr. E. F. Hamilton and Dr. Benjamin R. Taylor.
The Pendleton General Store in the photograph replaced a general store that was destroyed in the 1940 fire.
The George McMahan family lived in this house in the area. The family managed and ran the Levi Bragg General Store for a number of years.