Bridgeport & East Fork
Settlers started coming into East Fork-Bridgeport area in the late 1700’s and early 1800’s. Prior to 1860, the village was in Adair County. In the mid 1850’s a post office was established named East Fork. By 1860, there were several businesses in the area such as a merchants, blacksmith, wagon maker, and a tanner. Two of the best remembered doctors in the area was Dr. E. F. Hamilton and Dr. Benjamin R. Taylor.
Above: The Pendleton General Store in the photograph replaced a general store that was destroyed in the 1940 fire.