Bridgeport & East Fork
The History Of East Fork-Bridgeport
Settlers started coming into East Fork-Bridgeport area in the late 1700’s and early 1800’s. Prior to 1860, the village was in Adair County. In the mid 1850’s a post office was established named East Fork. By 1860, there were several businesses in the area such as merchants, blacksmiths, wagon makers, and tanners. Two of the best remembered doctors in the area were Dr. E. F. Hamilton and Dr. Benjamin R. Taylor.